Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Me?

As I have learned more and more the older I get, there are always things we as humans can do to improve ourselves, live better, or become happier. At first, I didn't think I would be making any more resolutions as I only accomplished 2 out of my 3 from 2013. However, during church on Sunday, our pastor gave us a verse to live by and to make our theme for 2014:
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." Philippians 1:20. 
Because of this encouragement from our pastor, and probably God himself, I decided to try and evaluate myself and focus on what I need to change in order to live the life God wants me to live.
I will begin  this process by interviewing myself on what makes me feel the best physically, mentally, and spiritually.

After my interview, I discovered that my goals are very broad, but that's okay if those are things that I need to work on to become healthier physically, mentally, and spiritually.

My goals are:
-Become healthier (eating better, exercise, and sleep)
-Become intentional in my prayers, readings, and mindfulness meditation practice and fully exercising my faith which includes telling others all that Jesus as done.
-To keep a healthy work/play mix which includes studying AND socializing with friends/family

Although these are great goals, I also know of a personal goal I also need to set for myself which has to do with how I think/speak to others. 

I hope all of your resolutions have been goal well so far, and I pray that you will be blessed with love, joy, and prosperity in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment